Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fast Food Culture

Our culture is one full of fast food. We are always in a hurry to go here or there and never stop to sit down to eat a full healthy meal. The fast food industry only enables us to continue this unhealthy lifestyle that we live. Fast food is convenient, quick, and inexpensive. However it's not just fast food restaurants that are bad, we also have frozen foods that take just minutes to cook. I am guilty of this as are many others. It is so easy to just eat something quick when life seems to be going at such a fast pace. Many people get sick from eating fast foods. We know they are bad for our health but its just so easy. I am no saint when it comes to eating healthy foods either. I eat frozen foods that are quick and easy to make because it seems like I'm always busy but I do realize that it is bad for me.
These food choices tell us a lot about our culture and how we live. We are always on the run, even though we don't always have to be. Even the people who are not always busy tend to choose foods that are fast and convenient. What we eat can be bad for us, but it defines who we are as a country. This of course can change we can always change the way other look at us. In this case it would be wise to change our diet a little so that we could be a healthier society.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, eating fast food is a pretty nasty habit, but in our society speed and efficiency are our highest priorities. Therefore it makes sense for us to eat fast food since it's quick and easy, tastes good, and is inexpensive. Personally, I feel like I'm always studying or doing something important and it just seems much more convient to run the cupboard and grab something to throw in the microwave. Going to Wildberries and finding an organic, more expensive meal just seems like a hassle and cuts into valuable, studying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast food is so awful. Thats how they get us, it tastes good, its cheap, and its dependable. I mean, I dont know how many times Ive gone to taco bell because they are open late. I know that when you get fast food, it seems cheap but if you go get groceries from winco and prepare your own meals, and take the time to make a lunch; it saves alot of money. I know how easy it is, I mean my fiance works weird hours and with our 9 month old, by the time we get to sit down together, its late and we are both exhausted; the easy thing is just to pick something up. I mean really, the preparing, cooking, and cleaning up...its a whole process that all takes time. How can we change this culture that America has turned into. I mean some families eat fast food everyday. How can you blame kids for being obese when its their parent who feeds this crap to them?

    ReplyDelete